NEW YORK, Oct. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- U.S. Energy Secretary Dr. Ernest Moniz will deliver the keynote address at the 2013 Platts Global Energy Outlook Forum "Bridging the U.S. Boom: Global Markets Prepare" on Thursday, December 12, in New York City, Platts, a leading global energy, petrochemical and metals information provider and host of the event, announced today.
"We are particularly pleased Secretary Moniz will be our keynote speaker at a time when shale is transforming America's role in global natural gas and oil supply flows," said Larry Neal, president of Platts. "His expertise in science, focus on climate change and years as a presidential advisor and Under Secretary of Energy in the Clinton administration give him a unique perspective on current and future issues in the national and international energy arena."
The Platts Global Energy Outlook Forum, now in its seventh year, brings together energy executives, government officials and academics to outline and debate what they see as the challenges, opportunities and special issues facing the world's energy companies and policymakers.
Moniz, a nuclear physicist by training, became the nation's 13 th energy secretary in May 2013, heading up President Obama's initiatives to enhance energy security, strengthen environmental protection, improve energy management and performance, and promote science and clean energy technology innovation.Moniz will begin his keynote address at 12:30 p.m. ET. For a detailed forum agenda, visit: http://bit.ly/15u5Xsz. In addition to Moniz' keynote, the Forum will feature three panel discussions and debates:
- Advanced Energy: Investing in the Future – Renewables or fossil fuels via smarter extraction methods – what is the best way ahead?
- Midstream Gathers Momentum – Building up, Building out: A look at pipelines, rail transport, LNG import/export terminals and more.
- Switching, Ditching and Bridging Fuels – Will a coal-to-natural gas switch make as much sense in 10 to 20 years as it does now, and can nuclear hold its power under carbon limits?
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts