According to research from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), electrical shock results in approximately 4,000 non-disabling injuries annually, 3,600 disabling injuries annually and one death daily in the U.S. To help facility managers and safety and risk prevention professionals improve employee safety programs, Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ: CTAS) has announced a free workshop series on NFPA 70E and flame-resistant clothing.
“Many organizations are actively looking to understand how to properly protect employees who are exposed to electric shock, fires and explosions,” said John Rudy, Senior Manager of Strategy and Marketing, Cintas Uniform Rental. “Through these workshops, we look forward to providing participants with up-to-date, accurate information and tips for protecting employees who are working on or around energized equipment.”
Hosted by Cintas and featuring guest speakers from The Hilgeman Group, Inc. and Westex, the complimentary workshops will discuss NFPA 70E, 2112 and 2113, as well as OSHA’s 1910.132 clarification on flame-resistant clothing. The Hilgeman Group, Inc. has over two decades of industrial safety experience and provides electrical and arc flash safety services to more than 1500 companies in North America. With more than 50 years of advanced testing and manufacturing, Westex, Inc. is a world leader of FR fabrics. Millions of garments made from Westex fabrics are worn by workers in a range of industries that involve fire hazards.
Upcoming workshop dates and locations include:
- Nov. 7, Penske Racing, Charlotte, N.C.
- Nov. 14, Courtyard Newark Downtown, Newark, N.J.
- Nov. 21, Grace College and Theological Seminary, Winona Lake, Ind.
- Dec. 4, University of Louisville, Louisville, Ky.
- Dec. 5, Bluegrass Community College, Lexington, Ky.
- Dec. 11, University of Tennessee, Nashville, Tenn.
- Dec. 12, Bridgestone Arena, Knoxville, Tenn.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts