United Water announced today that it’s Holyoke and Springfield employees joined hundreds of volunteers along the Connecticut River for the 17 th annual Source to Sea Cleanup.
Hosted by the Connecticut River Watershed Council (CRWC), the Source to Sea Cleanup is an annual trash clean up of the Connecticut River and its tributaries along the four-state watershed (NH, VT, MA and CT). Volunteers clean along rivers, streams, parks, boat launches and trails.
“We’re proud of our employees and the positive impact they make along the banks of the Connecticut River,” said Nadine Leslie, president of United Water’s Environmental Services segment. “Making the planet sustainable is the best job on earth, and United Water is ever-vigilant in protecting our source waters.” United Water sponsored the event along with Brookfield Renewable Energy Group, Lane Construction Corporation, NRG Energy, TransCanada and others.
“Some really unbelievable things have been pulled from our rivers, such as a cement mixer, parking meters, propane tanks and junk cars,” Jacqueline Talbot, CRWC Cleanup Coordinator. “Without their dedication, this would not be possible. They inspire others to get involved and help form lasting connections to the river, while also sending the message that trash doesn’t belong in nature and that our rivers and trails are worth protecting.”Nearly 100 million tons of debris was collected during the 2012 Source to Sea Cleanup. This year’s haul has not yet been tallied as of yet. In 2013, more than 65 registered groups are organizing over 2,000 volunteers to clean up trash along the 410-mile river, from northern New Hampshire & Vermont to the Long Island Sound.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV