Trade-Ideas: Priceline.com (PCLN) Is Today's Momo Momentum Stock
- PCLN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $715.3 million.
- PCLN has a PE ratio of 33.1.
- PCLN is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- PCLN is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- PCLN is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- PCLN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- PCLN has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 1.7%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PCLN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PCLN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PCLN: priceline.com Incorporated operates as a online travel company. PCLN has a PE ratio of 33.1. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Priceline.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Priceline.com has been 615,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Priceline.com has a market cap of $51.8 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 4.7% with 3.45 days to cover. Shares are up 62.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Priceline.com as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PCLN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 17.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 26.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.73, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 68.18% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PCLN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- PRICELINE.COM INC has improved earnings per share by 21.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PRICELINE.COM INC increased its bottom line by earning $27.71 versus $20.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($40.21 versus $27.71).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry average. The net income increased by 24.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $352.35 million to $437.33 million.
- You can view the full Priceline.com Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.