Trade-Ideas: Ingersoll-Rand (IR) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- IR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $148.4 million.
- IR has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- IR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IR: Ingersoll-Rand plc engages in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of a diverse portfolio of industrial and commercial products in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. IR has a PE ratio of 20.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Ingersoll-Rand a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ingersoll-Rand has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ingersoll-Rand has a market cap of $19.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.56 and a short float of 0.9% with 1.09 days to cover. Shares are up 37.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ingersoll-Rand as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, IR's share price has jumped by 44.78%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 51.03% to $436.80 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, INGERSOLL-RAND PLC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 63.37%.
- INGERSOLL-RAND PLC's earnings per share declined by 9.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INGERSOLL-RAND PLC increased its bottom line by earning $3.29 versus $1.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.60 versus $3.29).
- You can view the full Ingersoll-Rand Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.