Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Allied World Assurance Company Holdings (AWH) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Allied World Assurance Company Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AWH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.3 million.
- AWH has traded 125,766 shares today.
- AWH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AWH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AWH NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on AWH: Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, AG, through its subsidiaries, provides property and casualty insurance and reinsurance solutions in Bermuda, the United States, Europe, Hong Kong, Labuan, and Singapore. The company operates through three segments: U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. AWH has a PE ratio of 10.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Allied World Assurance Company Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Allied World Assurance Company Holdings has been 159,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Allied World Assurance has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.37 and a short float of 1.4% with 2.26 days to cover. Shares are up 24.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Allied World Assurance Company Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AWH's share price has jumped by 26.92%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AWH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AWH's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- AWH, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE CO AG has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE CO AG increased its bottom line by earning $13.12 versus $6.91 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 30.3% in earnings ($9.15 versus $13.12).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE CO AG has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about AWH
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV