NEW YORK, Oct. 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Harris & Harris Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:TINY), an early-stage, active investor in transformative companies, is pleased to work with Burroughs Wellcome Fund and Research Triangle Foundation to support new thinking in the healthcare space. The Global Vision Forum was initiated by a group of Eisenhower Fellows interested in bringing global leaders to the United States in an effort to drive new ideas into critical issues. The two-day event included meetings with leading healthcare officials and innovators. The inaugural event was held on October 3 rd and 4 th in Research Triangle Park, NC.
The discussions focused on the major challenges of the United States' healthcare system and potential learning from outside the United States. Dr. Kongkiat Kespechara from Thailand was invited to join the discussions. Dr. Kespechara is a global thought leader in integrating medical diagnostic data with novel approaches in agriculture to produce major improvements in patient outcomes. "As innovators in early-stage technology, we believe it is important to be on the leading edge of this discussion," stated Douglas W. Jamison, the CEO of Harris & Harris Group. "Burroughs Wellcome Fund and Research Triangle Foundation are leading organizations in the healthcare field, and we are pleased to work with them in initiating this important dialogue," added Rob Burns, Senior Vice President at Harris & Harris Group.
CONTACT: DOUGLAS W. JAMISON TEL. NO. (212) 582-0900
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV