(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon.com today announced that the new 7” Kindle Fire HDX is now shipping. Fire HDX combines groundbreaking hardware, the latest version of Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito,” and exclusive new features and services like X-Ray for Music, Prime Instant Video downloads, and the revolutionary new Mayday button. Order now at www.amazon.com/firehdx.
“With a beautiful 323 ppi perfect-color HDX display, 3x the processing power, 2x the memory, 4x the graphics performance, and Fire OS 3.0, we think customers are going to love the new Kindle Fire HDX,” said Peter Larsen, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. “We can’t wait to get this tablet into our customers’ hands.”
The reviews are in:
- “As it is, the Kindle Fire HDX is a lightweight, sharp-screened, superfast pleasure” – New York Times
- “HDX hums with nary a hiccup or UI stutter” – Wired
- “It [Mayday] is, in short, an amazing idea well-implemented” – TechCrunch
- “It's got a sleek redesign, blazing fast guts, and a few new tricks. Most of all, though, it's the best small tablet you can buy.” – Gizmodo
- “It’s called Mayday, and it’s the most remarkable customer service tool I’ve ever seen.” – The Verge
- “Spending the weekend with Amazon’s Kindle Fire HDX 7-inch tablet, it’s easy to see why Amazon has built a commanding lead in the Android tablet space.” – Mashable
- “There’s a lot to like about the Kindle Fire HDX. The screen is superb, the form-factor sober but sturdy, and the processor cutting edge for the market. “ – SlashGear
- “Armed with a powerful processor and Amazon's exhaustive content library, the Kindle Fire HDX delivers incredible value for its price, especially for Amazon Prime members.” – CNET
- “For the first time, truly, the company has made a product that won't make some users feel like they're compromising an excellent user experience for a cheap price tag. Because now, Amazon's tablet line has both.” – Fortune
The new Kindle Fire HDX features a stunning exclusive HDX display, a quad-core 2.2 GHz processor, and 2x more memory, as well as all of the exclusive new features of Fire OS 3.0 including X-Ray for Music, Second Screen, Prime Instant Video downloads, and the Mayday button. The Mayday button revolutionizes on-device tech support—simply tap the Mayday button in Quick Settings, and an Amazon expert will appear on your Fire HDX and can co-pilot you through any feature by drawing on your screen, walking you through how to do something yourself, or doing it for you—whatever works best. 15 seconds or less is the Mayday response time goal. Mayday is available 24x7, 365 days a year, and it’s free.