Trade-Ideas: EPR Properties (EPR) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- EPR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.2 million.
- EPR traded 83,625 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:02 AM, representing 31.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EPR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EPR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EPR: EPR Properties, a real estate investment trust (REIT), develops, owns, leases, and finances entertainment and related properties in the United States and Canada. Its properties include megaplex theatres, entertainment retail centers, and destination recreational and specialty properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.3%. EPR has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate EPR Properties a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for EPR Properties has been 312,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. EPR has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 7.6% with 9.89 days to cover. Shares are up 8.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EPR Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $72.55 million or 18.01% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.66%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- EPR PROPERTIES's earnings per share declined by 12.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EPR PROPERTIES increased its bottom line by earning $2.30 versus $1.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.70 versus $2.30).
- You can view the full EPR Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts