BALTIMORE, Oct. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Under Armour Founder and CEO Kevin Plank and Under Armour athlete Michael Phelps hosted a grand opening event for the new Under Armour Experience at the Jing An Kerry Centre in Shanghai, China. The first-of-its-kind retail environment places storytelling at the forefront through a multi-dimensional short film that immerses visitors in the brand's world of making athletes better through passion and innovation.
"Wherever we go around the globe, we will lead first with our Story and bring the people into the best Under Armour experience possible before we ask them to try our performance apparel and footwear," said Plank. "We believe in the power of storytelling and our ability to tell provocative and relevant stories will serve as a catalyst for our international growth. For many athletes in China this will be their introduction to our brand. By offering this exclusive experience and bringing to life what it means to be an athlete, this is our way to give back to athletes in China and build meaningful relationships that will last for years to come."
Shot with 360-degree camera technology and displayed on a 270-degree screen, the short film combines the high energy and bold composition of the brand's advertising with its commitment to tell authentic athlete stories. The film, hosted by Phelps, uses a series of vignettes to depict different moments that define the will of an athlete including a training session with NBA star Brandon Jennings, rooftop yoga in Shanghai and the exhilaration of running out onto the pitch before a match at White Hart Lane, home of Tottenham Hotspur."It's exciting to be part of this experience designed to empower Chinese athletes," said Phelps. "The passion and energy of Under Armour comes to life through this short film and the message will motivate Chinese athletes to find their will."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV