Trade-Ideas: Crestwood Midstream Partners (CMLP) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- CMLP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.6 million.
- CMLP traded 126,350 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:38 AM, representing 25.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CMLP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CMLP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CMLP: Inergy Midstream, L.P. develops, acquires, owns, and operates midstream energy assets. It operates through three segments: Storage and Transportation, Salt, and Crude. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 8.2%. CMLP has a PE ratio of 113.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Crestwood Midstream Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Crestwood Midstream Partners has been 119,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Crestwood Midstream has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 4.1% with 1.50 days to cover. Shares are up 15.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Crestwood Midstream Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 45.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for CRESTWOOD MIDSTREAM PTNRS LP is rather high; currently it is at 51.77%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.41% trails the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.04 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, CMLP's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.44, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 105.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $18.00 million to -$1.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $29.50 million or 42.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Crestwood Midstream Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.