1. California Bay Area Hackathon: Level the Coding Field"This hackathon allows us to expose a large number of kids in a weekend to computer science, and get them excited about a different path in life and a different set of opportunities," said Sumaiya Talukdar, Director of Strategic Partnerships of the Level Playing Field Institute.Silicon Valley Bank partnered with Vivek Wadhwa of Singularity University, AT&T, The Kapor Center for Social Impact and Datawind to devise and deliver two weekend-long hackathons hosted by the Level Playing Field Institute in the Bay Area this fall. More than 250 6-12 graders from low income and minority groups underrepresented in computer science will compete to win cash prizes for the best app, judged by a panel of investors, technologists and educators. Each participating student will also receive a free Datawind Ubislate 3G Tablet, courtesy of Silicon Valley Bank and three months of a 1 GB Wireless Data Plan, courtesy of AT&T. Events will be held on October 26-27 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View and November 16-17 at Connexion at Jack London Place in Oakland.
Silicon Valley Bank And Partners Develop STEM Skills For Future Workforce, Teach Kids To Code
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts