Will Interest Rates Rise Or Fall In Q4?
On the lending side, current mortgage rates are about a full percentage point higher than they were earlier this year, which would suggest they have room to fall back now that the economic outlook is cloudier. Remember though, that mortgage rates represent a 15- or 30-year commitment. Lenders will always be quicker to raise rates than to lower them, so don't count on a return to previous mortgage rate lows.
Normally, savers and borrowers are on opposite sides of the interest rate fence. However, with deposit rates a long shot to make much progress and mortgage rates unlikely to get as low as they were a few months ago, it might just be a lose-lose scenario for consumers with respect to interest rates for the remainder of this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV