- Stallergenes to exercise option to develop and commercialize a birch allergy new product
- DBV eligible for milestone payments and royalties on Stallergenes' net sales
- Stallergenes acquires an equity position in DBV
ANTONY and BAGNEUX, France, Oct. 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stallergenes S.A. (Euronext Paris:GENP), worldwide leader in allergen immunotherapy, and DBV Technologies (Euronext Paris: DBV), creator of Viaskin® for the treatment of allergies, announced today that they have entered into a research and development agreement for the treatment of birch allergy. This collaboration is the first agreement following their previously announced collaboration focused on developing innovative treatments for respiratory allergies. This partnership combines Stallergenes' world class respiratory allergy know-how with DBV's novel Viaskin® epicutaneous delivery technology that modulates the immune response to allergens.
Birch pollen-allergic patients commonly have seasonal allergic rhinitis and allergic asthma. The majority of Birch pollen-allergic patients also develop allergies to certain plant foods, also known as oral allergy syndrome (OAS), due to a cross reaction between birch pollen allergens and food proteins with similar structures. This syndrome can manifest itself in itching or swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat. Occasionally, the reaction is more severe. DBV's Viaskin technology, which has shown excellent safety in clinical setting into dangerous and life-threatening allergies, may therefore be particularly well-suited to address the Birch-sensitized population.
Under the terms of this agreement, Stallergenes will fully fund DBV's pre-clinical development. The goal of the preclinical program, which will last between 18 and 24 months is for DBV to deliver to Stallergenes a clinical product candidate that uses Stallergenes' Birch pollen allergen. Stallergenes will have full development and worldwide commercialization rights on the product candidate, and DBV is eligible to receive several preclinical, clinical, regulatory and commercial milestone payment totaling up to €145 million, as well as royalties on the future product's net sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV