- Pretax income of $10.6 million
- Net income of $5.9 million, or $0.19 per diluted share
- New contract purchases of $207 million
- Total managed portfolio increases to $1.167 billion from $1.067 billion at June 30, 2013
IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (Nasdaq:CPSS) ("CPS" or the "Company") today announced earnings of $5.9 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, for its third quarter ended September 30, 2013. This compares to net income of $2.7 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2012. Earnings for the first nine months of 2013 were $14.5 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, as compared to earnings of $4.6 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, for the same period in 2012. The 2012 periods do not include a tax expense.
Revenues for the third quarter of 2013 were $64.1 million, an increase of $16.1 million, or 34%, compared to $47.9 million for the third quarter of 2012. Total operating expenses for the third quarter of 2013 were $53.5 million, an increase of $8.3 million, or 18%, compared to $45.2 million for the 2012 period. Pretax income for the third quarter of 2013 was $10.6 million compared to pretax income of $2.7 million in the third quarter of 2012.
For the nine months ended September 30, 2013 total revenues were $189.1 million compared to $136.6 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2012, an increase of approximately $52.6 million, or 39%. Total expenses for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 were $163.5 million, an increase of $31.5 million, or 24%, compared to $132.0 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2012. Pretax income for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 was $25.6 million, compared to $4.6 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV