IRVING, Texas, Oct.17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Commercial Metals Company (NYSE: CMC) announced today that it has completed the sale of 100% of the stock of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Howell Metal Company, to Mueller Copper Tube Products, Inc., a subsidiary of Mueller Industries, Inc., for a purchase price of approximately U.S. $58.5 million, subject to customary purchase price adjustments.
Joe Alvarado, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We are appreciative of the many years of contributions by the management and workforce at Howell Metal Company. This sale continues our commitment to our stockholders of focusing our efforts on the core operations of Commercial Metals Company."
CMC and its subsidiaries manufacture, recycle and market steel and metal products, as well as related materials and services through a network including steel minimills, steel fabrication and processing plants, construction-related product warehouses, metal recycling facilities and marketing and distribution offices in the United States and in strategic international markets.
Forward-Looking Statements This news release contains forward-looking statements regarding the closing of the sale of Howell Metal Company. These forward-looking statements generally can be identified by phrases such as we, the company or its management "expects," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "intends," "plans to," "ought," "could," "will," "should," "likely," "appears," "projects," "forecasts," "outlook," or other similar words or phrases. There are inherent risks and uncertainties in any forward-looking statements. Variances will occur and some could be materially different from our current opinion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV