Acacia Research Corporation (1) (Nasdaq: ACTG) today reported results for the three months ended September 30, 2013. (3)
- Revenues in the third quarter of 2013 were $15,520,000, as compared to $34,939,000 in the comparable prior year quarter.
- Revenues for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 were $115,491,000, as compared to $184,463,000 in the comparable prior year period.
- GAAP net loss in the third quarter of 2013 was $15,711,000, or $0.33 per diluted share, as compared to a GAAP net loss of $6,619,000, or $0.14 per diluted share for the comparable prior year quarter.
- Non-GAAP net income in the third quarter of 2013 was $5,085,000, or $0.11 per diluted share, as compared to Non-GAAP net income of $6,782,000, or $0.14 per diluted share for the comparable prior year quarter. See below for information regarding non-GAAP measures.
- Trailing twelve-month revenues as of the end of the third quarter of 2013 were $181,755,000, as compared to $205,258,000 as of the end of the prior year quarter.
- Cash and cash equivalents and investments totaled $285,301,000 as of September 30, 2013 compared to $311,279,000 as of December 31, 2012.
Approval of Quarterly Dividend. Acacia Research Corporation also announced today that its Board of Directors has approved its third quarterly cash dividend, payable in the amount of $0.125 per share, which will be paid on November 29, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business on November 1, 2013. Future cash dividends are expected to be paid on a quarterly basis and will be at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Consolidated Financial Results - Overview
Financial highlights and operating activities during the periods presented included the following:
|Three Months Ended September 30,||Nine Months Ended September 30,|
|Revenues (in thousands)||$||15,520||$||34,939||$||115,491||$||184,463|
|Net income (loss) (in thousands)||$||(15,711||)||$||(6,619||)||$||(23,101||)||$||49,630|
|Non-GAAP net income (in thousands)||$||5,085||$||6,782||$||34,276||$||95,490|
|Diluted earnings (loss) per share (3)||$||(0.33||)||$||(0.14||)||$||(0.49||)||$||1.00|
|Pro forma non-GAAP net earnings per common share - diluted (3)||$||0.11||$||0.14||$||0.71||$||2.00|
|New agreements executed||24||33||96||111|
|Licensing and enforcement programs generating revenues||24||31||47||57|
|Licensing and enforcement programs with initial revenues||5||9||19||22|
|New patent portfolios||6||13||22||45|
|As of Date:||Trailing Twelve- Month Revenues||% Change|
|September 30, 2013||$||181,755||(10||)%|
|June 30, 2013||$||201,174||(12||)%|
|March 31, 2013||$||228,548||(9||)%|
|December 31, 2012||$||250,727||22||%|
|September 30, 2012||$||205,258||—||%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV