Westwood Holdings Group, Inc. (NYSE: WHG) today reported third quarter 2013 revenues of $23.0 million, a 21% increase compared to revenues of $18.9 million in the third quarter of 2012. Non-GAAP Economic Earnings per share (“Economic EPS”) were $0.97 compared to $0.76 in the same quarter of the prior year and $1.07 in the second quarter of 2013. Diluted earnings per share were $0.57 compared to $0.34 in the same quarter of 2012 and $0.65 in the second quarter of 2013. The second quarter of this year included performance fees of $2.5 million related to our MLP strategy that are recognized following the annual performance period.
Highlights and significant items related to our third quarter 2013 pretax results include:
- Revenues increased 21% over the same quarter of 2012 driven by record AUM of $17.1 billion.
- Westwood International Advisors (“WIA”) net inflows aggregated $440 million, including $385 million into our new Ireland domiciled UCITS Fund.
- WIA achieved profitable operating results during the quarter for the first time following our mid-2012 launch.
- Firmwide net inflows exceeded $554 million.
WIA’s assets under management exceeded $2.0 billion at September 30, 2013, up 129% from year end. WIA contributed $2.7 million to revenues during the third quarter of 2013 and $2.4 million of related costs, compared to $1.7 million of revenues and $2.0 million of related costs in the second quarter of this year.
Brian Casey, Westwood’s President & CEO, commented, “We are very pleased with our third quarter financial results, and the exceptionally strong performance generated by our MLP, SmallCap, and Income Opportunity teams. The Westwood Funds™ had record quarterly net inflows of $194 million, bringing Westwood Funds™ aggregate year to date net inflows this year to $528 million. We continue to experience strong demand for WIA’s Emerging Markets strategies, and are looking to expand our UCITS products in the near future. WIA AUM now exceeds $2.0 billion with a strong pipeline of prospective clients. At quarter-end, Westwood had $67 million in cash and investments, stockholders’ equity of $83 million, and no debt. Today our Board approved a 10% increase in our quarterly dividend.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV