DETROIT, Oct. 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nano Labs Corp. (OTCQB:CTLE) is pleased to issue an update report on a series of standard ASTM tests that were performed on the Company's proprietary Nano Gasoline (NG). The tests chosen represent some of the key test indicators that determine the characteristics and performance of gasoline.
As previously reported on September 24, 2013, the Nano Gasoline (NG) combines 60% commercial grade gasoline with 40% ordinary drinking water plus the Company's proprietary nanotechnology.
The ASTM tests conducted included:
4. Driveability Index
5. Washed Gum
6. Cloud-Freezing PointThe Company will continue to conduct the balance of ASTM tests that require country-by-country certification, by example including but not limited to, sulfur, phosphorous, benzene, and lead content; vapor pressure; and copper and silver corrosion. 1. Appearance NG is extremely clear and favorably passed the Appearance Test. Where virtually all water-oil emulsions are milky white in color, since the nano particles are so minute, there is no light scattering and NG appears identical to typical gasoline. 2. Density NG's density is slightly higher than gasoline. 3. Distillation NG is within all Min and Max distillation specifications for gasoline. 4. Driveability Index NG performed favorably in the Driveability Index test. Driveability Index is a parameter based on distillation temperatures and is designed to ensure good vehicle performance relating to time-to-start, stalls, hesitation, stumble, surging and backfiring, after a cold engine start. Nano Labs' Driveability Index is 453, meaning NG is excellent for driving. 5. Washed Gum Test performed to measure "sticky gummy material/residue". NG reported less than 1, where the cutoff specification is 5. 6. Cloud-Freezing Point The Company also tested the Cloud-Freezing Point, not a standard ASTM test, but of interest to see if NG may be used in cold climates. At minus 45 degrees Centigrade, NG was still intact, meaning the water in the emulsion did not freeze or "come out" of the solution and thus break the emulsion.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts