One more under-$10 pharmaceutical and medical device player that looks ready to trend sharply higher is Delcath Systems ( DCTH), which focuses on the treatment of primary and metastatic liver cancers. This stock has been hit hard by the bears so far in 2013, with shares off big by 64%.
If you take a look at the chart for the Delcath Systems, you'll notice that this stock has dropped sharply over the last few weeks, with shares dropping from its high of 66 cents to 38 cents per share. That drop took shares of DCTH right to its 50-day moving average at 37 cents per share. Shares of DCTH are now starting to spike higher right off its 50-day, and it's quickly moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in DCTH if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at 46 cents per share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above that level with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 2.62 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then DCTH will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at 66 cents per share to its 200-day moving average at 87 cents per share. Traders can look to buy DCTH off weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below its 50-day at 37 cents per share. One can also buy DCTH off strength once it clears 46 cents per share with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a comfortable percentage from your entry point. To see more hot under-$10 equities, check out the Stocks Under $10 Setting Up to Explode portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Delafield, Wis.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV