One under-$10 technology player that's starting to look poised for higher prices is MeetMe ( MEET), which is a social network for meeting new people in the US and the public market leader in social discovery. This stock has been beaten-down by the bears so far in 2013, with shares off by 46%.
If you take a look at the chart for MeetMe, you'll notice that this stock has been trending sideways and consolidating for the last month and change, with shares moving between $1.50 on the downside and $2.05 on the upside. Shares of MEET are now starting to spike higher right off its 50-day moving average. That spike is starting to push shares of MEET within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade above a key downtrend line that started back in early August.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MEET if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistances levels at $1.96 to its 200-day moving average at $2.06 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 812,971 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then MEET will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $2.27 to $2.76 a share. Any high-volume move above those levels will then give MEET a chance to tag $3.20 to $3.50 a share. Traders can look to buy MEET off weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below some near-term support levels at $1.70 or $1.60 a share. One can also buy MEET off strength once it takes out those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a comfortable percentage from your entry point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV