Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:32 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Friday.
Cramer said Verizon (VZ) keeps getting the love from analysts, this time from Deutsche Bank, which upgraded the stock to buy from hold. VZ closed up 2.3% to $50.01.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) missed on earnings. Cramer said it was a bad report, mainly due to poor PC sales. AMD dropped 13.7% to $3.53.Baker Hughes (BHI) reported a "magnificent number," according to Cramer. He thinks the company may have finally gotten it together. BHI jumped 7.3% to $55.55. Raymond James downgraded Baxter International (BAX) to hold from buy. Cramer said it makes sense for the company to split up since it essentially has two different businesses. BAX closed 1.8% lower at $66. Amazon (AMZN) is higher because UBS said e-commerce is doing well, contradicting what eBay (EBAY) said on its conference call. Cramer suggested that perhaps "it's raining on eBay's side of the street." AMZN rose 5.8% to $328.93. Cantor Fitzgerald downgraded UnitedHealth Group (UNH) to hold from buy. Cramer said the company reported surprisingly poor earnings results. UNH fell 3.7% to $68.76. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV