Dell held its 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders today, with shareholders approving the company’s recommended slate of director nominees and voting on three other matters.
During formal business at the meeting, chaired by Larry Tu, Dell’s general counsel and corporate secretary, stockholders:
- Re-elected 10 company directors: Donald J. Carty; Janet F. Clark; Laura Conigliaro; Michael S. Dell; Kenneth M. Duberstein; Gerard J. Kleisterlee; Klaus S. Luft; Alex J. Mandl; Shantanu Narayen; and, Ross Perot, Jr.;
- Ratified PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as Dell’s independent auditor for fiscal 2014;
- Approved on an advisory basis Dell’s compensation of its named executive officers as disclosed in the proxy statement; and,
- Rejected a shareholder proposal to permit the company’s stockholders to act by written consent instead of at a meeting of stockholders.
The company’s proxy statement and other information for the stockholders meeting can be found at: www.dell.com/investors.
About DellDell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers worldwide innovative technology, business solutions and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com. Forward-looking Statements Any statements in these materials about prospective performance and plans for the Company, the expected timing of the completion of the proposed merger and the ability to complete the proposed merger, and other statements containing the words “estimates,” “believes,” “anticipates,” “plans,” “expects,” “will,” and similar expressions, other than historical facts, constitute forward-looking statements. Factors or risks that could cause our actual results to differ materially from the results we anticipate include, but are not limited to: (1) the occurrence of any event, change or other circumstances that could give rise to the termination of the merger agreement; (2) the inability to complete the proposed merger due to the failure to satisfy conditions to completion of the proposed merger; (3) the failure to obtain the necessary financing arrangements set forth in the debt and equity commitment letters delivered pursuant to the merger agreement; (4) risks related to disruption of management’s attention from the Company’s ongoing business operations due to the transaction; and (5) the effect of the announcement of the proposed merger on the Company’s relationships with its customers, operating results and business generally. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements. In addition, the forward-looking statements included in this press release represent our views as of the date hereof. However, while we may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, we specifically disclaim any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing our views as of any date subsequent to the date hereof. Additional factors that may cause results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements are set forth in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10–K for the fiscal year ended February 1, 2013, which was filed with the SEC on March 12, 2013 and amended on June 6, 2013, under the heading “Item 1A—Risk Factors,” and in subsequent reports on Forms 10–Q and 8–K filed with the SEC by the Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV