SYDNEY, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Altium Limited, a global leader in Smart System Design Automation, 3D PCB design ( Altium Designer) and embedded software development ( TASKING), announces the new version of its flagship product, Altium Designer 14.
Press release and images are available here: http://www.altium.com/en/altium/press-center/press-releases/altium-delivers-new-altium-designer-14.
The new Altium Designer 14 extends the company's leadership position in native 3D PCB Design systems by delivering a new customer centric platform with heavy emphasis on core PCB design technologies. Altium Designer now features support for flex and rigid-flex design, including schematic capture, 3D PCB layout, analysis and programmable design – all in a single, unified solution.
With its unique native 3D visual support of this technology, Altium Designer 14 opens the door for new innovations in electronic design by allowing for increased processing and communication within a smaller, more fluid space. The enhanced platform allows for smaller packaging of electronic designs, which in turn leads to lower cost of materials and production, and increased durability."I've been using Altium software for almost 30 years, and rigid-flex is one of the coolest new features that has come up, from my personal wish list, of the last three years," stated Narinder Kumar, PCB Design Engineer for Pelco (a division of Schneider Electric). "Altium has continued to deliver breakthrough technology and features into their products to meet the demands of their customers. This rigid-flex design is a very cool feature. It's been a long time coming, and I like it." Unique 3D implementation of advanced board design capabilities make them accessible to mainstream designers
- Flex and Rigid Flex PCB design support – This release includes the ability to handle the challenges of flex and rigid-flex designs including advanced layer stack management.
- Support for embedded PCB components – Allowing far greater design miniaturization opportunities by placing standard components on an inner layer of the circuit board during fabrication.
- Simplification of high speed design rules, including automated and guided adjustment of differential pair width-gap settings ensuring pair impedance is maintained.
- Via-stitching improvements: The capabilities of the PCB Editor's via-stitching have been enhanced to include the ability to constrain the via-stitching pattern to a user defined area.
- CadSoft Eagle Importer – With the understanding that not all design work is done in Altium Designer, Altium has introduced an importer for CadSoft Eagle so customers can use design files in other formats.
- Autodesk AutoCAD Import / Export – up-to-date support for transfer of designs to and from AutoCAD *.DWG and *.DXF formats. The importer/exporter interfaces have been upgraded to support the latest versions of AutoCAD and a wider range of object types.
- Direct use of IBIS models for IC pins facilitate signal integrity analysis with Altium Designer.
- Altium Designer 14Full custom board design and manufacturing capabilities. Native 3D PCB design and editing. Complete front-end engineering design system for both board-level and programmable logic design. Analog and digital simulation, System-on-FPGA implementation.
- Altium Designer 14 SEThis option is for the system engineer with complete front-end schematic design for both board-level and programmable logic design. Analog and digital simulation, System-on-FPGA implementation
- Altium Designer 14 ViewerFree, quick, easy and secure read-only exploration of Altium Designer projects and documents
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV