Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 10/21/13, Lowe's Companies Inc (LOW) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.18, payable on 11/6/13. As a percentage of LOW's recent stock price of $48.42, this dividend works out to approximately 0.37%.
Below is a dividend history chart for LOW, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.18 declared by Lowe's Companies Inc:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from LOW is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 1.49% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of LOW shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, LOW's low point in its 52 week range is $31.17 per share, with $49.17 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $48.53.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, LOW makes up 5.01% of the Retail ETF (RTH) which is trading lower by about 0.2% on the day Thursday. In Thursday trading, Lowe's Companies Inc shares are currently off about 0.1% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV