- Environment: Based on Office Depot’s rating system for greener products, the Company has grown its green product assortment from more than 2,000 products to nearly 11,000 items since 2003. In addition, Office Depot’s total carbon footprint is down 43 percent from 2003, even though the square footage of the Company’s facilities has grown. Office Depot has also recycled 105 million ink & toner cartridges since 2003.
- Philanthropy: By the end of 2012, the Office Depot Foundation had helped more than 2.9 million kids since the inception of its award-winning National Backpack Program. In addition, the Office Depot Foundation stepped up to help out in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, donating $25,000 to Feed The Children, along with 25,000 sackpacks for schoolchildren in the affected regions.
- Diversity: In 2012, $250 million in Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) sales were generated at Office Depot. Nearly 1,800 products can be found in the current Office Depot HUB Catalog, up from 1,400 products when the catalog first launched in 2009.
- Ethics & Compliance: Office Depot conducted Code of Ethical Behavior compliance training in more than 20 countries. The Company’s ethics and compliance program was further strengthened in 2012 through live instructor-led Anti-Corruption and Bribery training to associates in seven different markets. Additionally, Office Depot has completed more than 3,500 global factory inspections for vendor compliance audits since 2002.
Office Depot Celebrates 10 Years Of Transparency With 2013 Corporate Citizenship Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts