Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE: ODP), a leading global provider of office supplies and services, today announced that the Company is celebrating its tenth year of sustainability metrics reporting with the launch of the 2013 Corporate Citizenship Report. The report, which can be found at www.officedepotcitizenship.com, shares with visitors the Company’s path to positive impact over the past decade.
The newly redesigned website includes a variety of timelines, photos, videos, and infographics detailing Office Depot’s commitment to business, people, and the planet. The report also contains an in-depth environmental dashboard showcasing North American environmental performance from 2003 to 2012.
“We pride ourselves in doing business the right way, while also putting the customer first,” said Neil Austrian, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for Office Depot. “We take our role as an outstanding corporate citizen seriously and, in the ten years since we began reporting data, we’ve made significant strides in our commitment to diversity, community outreach, and reducing our environmental footprint.”
Highlights from the 2013 Corporate Citizenship Report include:
- Environment: Based on Office Depot’s rating system for greener products, the Company has grown its green product assortment from more than 2,000 products to nearly 11,000 items since 2003. In addition, Office Depot’s total carbon footprint is down 43 percent from 2003, even though the square footage of the Company’s facilities has grown. Office Depot has also recycled 105 million ink & toner cartridges since 2003.
- Philanthropy: By the end of 2012, the Office Depot Foundation had helped more than 2.9 million kids since the inception of its award-winning National Backpack Program. In addition, the Office Depot Foundation stepped up to help out in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, donating $25,000 to Feed The Children, along with 25,000 sackpacks for schoolchildren in the affected regions.
- Diversity: In 2012, $250 million in Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) sales were generated at Office Depot. Nearly 1,800 products can be found in the current Office Depot HUB Catalog, up from 1,400 products when the catalog first launched in 2009.
- Ethics & Compliance: Office Depot conducted Code of Ethical Behavior compliance training in more than 20 countries. The Company’s ethics and compliance program was further strengthened in 2012 through live instructor-led Anti-Corruption and Bribery training to associates in seven different markets. Additionally, Office Depot has completed more than 3,500 global factory inspections for vendor compliance audits since 2002.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV