Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Bank of Montreal (BMO) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Bank of Montreal as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BMO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.3 million.
- BMO has traded 326,198 shares today.
- BMO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BMO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BMO NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on BMO: Bank of Montreal, together with its subsidiaries, provides various retail banking, wealth management, and investment banking products and services in North America and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.3%. BMO has a PE ratio of 11.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Bank of Montreal a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Bank of Montreal has been 425,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bank of Montreal has a market cap of $42.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 8.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bank of Montreal as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BMO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BANK OF MONTREAL has improved earnings per share by 18.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, BANK OF MONTREAL increased its bottom line by earning $6.15 versus $5.25 in the prior year.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $2,964.00 million or 17.43% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Bank of Montreal Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about BMO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV