NORWALK, Conn., Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Medica US announces that ConsultantLive offers special coverage from IDWeek 2013. The conference, held in San Francisco earlier in the month, offered plenty of useful information for primary care clinicians to apply to their practices.
Some of the stories featured in the special coverage on ConsultantLive:
- Reach for Guideline-recommended Antibiotics, Even in Severe Community-Acquired Pneumonia:This report will have primary care physicians re-thinking use of expensive broad-spectrum antibiotics for even their very sick patients.
- Primary Care Physicians Play Key Role in Promoting HPV Vaccine to Boys' Parents: One major factor contributing to low vaccination rates in boys is a lack of information and understanding about HPV disease and the vaccine, which can prevent genital warts and anogenital cancers.
- Antibiotic Scripts for Acute Respiratory Infections More Likely at Day's End: The drive to reduce inappropriate prescribing of antibiotics in primary care may need to incorporate creative new tactics: clinic siestas come to mind.
- Comprehensive STD Testing Improves Patient Outcomes: STD organisms are all part of an ecological pool that share one thing in common: sex. Comprehensive screening for sexually transmitted disease pathogens is now recommended.
About UBM Medica USAddressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica US, delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach -- online, in print, and via custom programs. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica US provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers, payers, and patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, websites, online communities, drug databases, digital events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica US also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. Websites include CancerNetwork.com, ConsultantLive.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, RheumatologyNetwork.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com, PsychiatricTimes.com and SearchMedica.com. UBM Medica US is part of UBM Connect – which provides marketing services across a number of communities, the largest of which are healthcare, medical device design and advanced manufacturing. UBM Connect also includes UBM Studios, the global leader in interactive digital environments. UBM Connect is a UBM plc company. For more information, visit www.UBMMedicaUS.com. About UBM plcUBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news.Media contact: Jason J. GoldenContent Marketing Manager203-523-7040 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE UBM Medica US
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV