Verizon Communications reported better-than-expected earnings of $2.2 billion or 77 cents a share on revenue of $30.28 billion. Analysts had expected earnings per share of 74 cents and $30.16 billion in revenue.
"These strong third-quarter results reflect Verizon's long-term investment in reliable, high-quality networks to deliver value to customers," CEO Lowell McAdam said in a statement. "Our unwavering focus on wireless, FiOS and strategic enterprise services has produced consistent performance, and we've delivered double-digit earnings growth in six of the past seven quarters"
Shares for the telecommunications company were up 2.7% to $48.54 shortly after market opened.
TheStreet Ratings team rates Verizon Communications Inc as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate Verizon Communications Inc (VZ) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: VZ Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV