Though earnings beat expectations, Goldman Sachs shares were trading lower in pre-market trading after it reported a 20% drop in revenue to $6.72 billion. For the period ended September 30, the fifth-largest bank in the U.S. posted earnings per share of $2.88 a share compared to $2.85 a share in the year-ago quarter.
"The third quarter's results reflected a period of slow client activity," said CEO Lloyd C. Blankfein in a statement.
Shares were lower in early trading, off 3.4% to $157.00.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GS Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV