Though earnings beat expectations, Goldman Sachs shares were trading lower in pre-market trading after it reported a 20% drop in revenue to $6.72 billion. For the period ended September 30, the fifth-largest bank in the U.S. posted earnings per share of $2.88 a share compared to $2.85 a share in the year-ago quarter.
"The third quarter's results reflected a period of slow client activity," said CEO Lloyd C. Blankfein in a statement.
Shares were lower in early trading, off 3.4% to $157.00.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GS Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts