JOHNSTOWN, Pa., Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AmeriServ Financial Bank, the banking subsidiary of AmeriServ Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ NMS: ASRV), and United Steelworkers (USW) Local 2635-06 have agreed to a new four year contract. Unionized employees voted to accept the contract at a meeting held on Monday, October 14 in Johnstown. The new contract covers the workforce through October 2017.
The ratified contract is positive news for AmeriServ and the community, according to AmeriServ President and CEO Glenn Wilson.
"We have one focus here and that is to be the best bank in our marketplace," said Wilson. "This week's vote is great news for everyone here at AmeriServ. It's clear we are united in moving AmeriServ forward as a community bank that can make a difference in our region."
USW Local 2635-06 Unit President Tammy Verba agrees on the importance of the new contract to AmeriServ."The approved agreement indicates to me that our membership believes in AmeriServ's potential to grow as the region's leading community bank, and we are able to provide customers with quality service," Verba said. There are 188 AmeriServ employees, or approximately half of the bank's workforce that is represented by the United Steelworkers of America. SOURCE AmeriServ Financial, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV