The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) today announced a voluntary “Odd-Lot” sale and purchase program under which shareholders owning fewer than 100 shares of Travelers common stock may either sell all of their shares or purchase sufficient additional shares to increase their holdings to 100 shares.
This voluntary program is being administered by Georgeson Inc. and provides an alternative to purchasing or selling less than 100 shares of Travelers common stock through a brokerage firm or other method.
The program expires November 15, 2013, unless extended by Travelers. Participants will pay or will receive a price per share equal to a weighted average price, as described in the program materials. Participants will pay a processing fee of $2.75 per share purchased or sold, up to a maximum of $50.00 per account.
Travelers will not buy or sell shares in the program, and Travelers is making no recommendation to shareholders as to whether they should sell or purchase shares.Information about the Travelers Odd-Lot program, including how to participate, will be mailed to eligible Travelers shareholders. Inquiries can be directed to the program’s administrator, Georgeson Inc., at 1.855.641.0884. Shareholders can also access information online at www.oddlotprogram.com/travelers. About Travelers The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has approximately 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $26 billion in 2012. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV