Oct. 17, 2013
is ready to hit the ice again as the company's hockey team opens its 14
season, raising money and awareness for various children's organizations and charities nationwide.
CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids
brings the program's platinum, gold and silver sponsors, partners, customers, employees and their families together for fun and competitive hockey games, dinners and fundraisers, usually held along with National Hockey League (NHL) contests. To date, the program has raised more than
for children's charities, while raising public awareness of each program beneficiary's mission.
This year's game roster features six games that coincide with National Hockey League (NHL) regular season contests in each venue. Each Hockey Helping Kids event includes a "JV" game, which provides partners and customers the experience of skating on NHL ice, followed by a "Varsity" game in which CommVault employees face off against formidable opponents. This year's Varsity team opponents include
(President of the Minnesota NHL Alumni Association) and several other NHL Alumni, current members of the
Women's National Hockey team, and former
Women's Olympic team gold medalists.
The 2013-2014 season schedule includes the following games:
- Thursday, October 24 th – Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Rangers vs. Flyers (supports Philadelphia PowerPlay and Temple University athletics)
- Tuesday, October 29 th – Nassau Coliseum, Long Island, NY, Rangers vs. Islanders (supports Long Island Chapter of Autism Speaks)
- Wednesday, November 13 th – Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN, Leafs vs. Wild (supports Autism Society of Minnesota and Hendrickson's Foundation for Special Hockey)
- Monday, January 20 th – TD Garden, Boston, MA, Kings vs. Bruins (supports Courageous Sailing of Boston)
- Wednesday, February 5 th – Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY, CommVault only game (Charity to be announced)
- Thursday, March 20 th – Jobing.com Arena, Phoenix, AZ, Panthers vs. Coyotes (Charity to be announced)
Since its inception, CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program has raised more than
by increasing awareness for the missions of the children's charities supported by the program. Charities that will benefit from this season's play include Philadelphia PowerPlay, a power wheelchair floor hockey team;
Athletics; the Long Island Chapter of Autism Speaks; Hendrickson's Foundation for Special Hockey, a group dedicated to providing hockey opportunities to disabled children; the Autism Society of
; and Courageous Sailing of
, a center committed to removing barriers to sailing access for all
youth, the public and those with physical and intellectual challenges. Additional charities for the 2013-2014 season will be announced as the season progresses.
Various sponsor levels permit CommVault partners to contribute to these events so that all monies raised through Hockey Helping Kids fundraising endeavors and merchandise auctions go directly to the supported charities. Platinum sponsors include Microsoft Corp., Windows Server, Windows Azure
ShopRite Village Supermarkets, the Minnesota NHL Alumni Association, NetApp, SHI, RBA Consulting, Bjork Builders, Muller Insurance, and D&M Auto Body are participating in the program as gold sponsors and
is a silver sponsor.
Approximately 100 CommVault employees collaborate each season to volunteer for this exciting program and to provide support for the target charities, in partnership with the program's sponsors.