OCEANPORT, N.J., Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) is ready to hit the ice again as the company's hockey team opens its 14 th season, raising money and awareness for various children's organizations and charities nationwide. CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids brings the program's platinum, gold and silver sponsors, partners, customers, employees and their families together for fun and competitive hockey games, dinners and fundraisers, usually held along with National Hockey League (NHL) contests. To date, the program has raised more than $500,000 for children's charities, while raising public awareness of each program beneficiary's mission.
This year's game roster features six games that coincide with National Hockey League (NHL) regular season contests in each venue. Each Hockey Helping Kids event includes a "JV" game, which provides partners and customers the experience of skating on NHL ice, followed by a "Varsity" game in which CommVault employees face off against formidable opponents. This year's Varsity team opponents include Brad Maxwell (President of the Minnesota NHL Alumni Association) and several other NHL Alumni, current members of the USA Women's National Hockey team, and former USA Women's Olympic team gold medalists.
The 2013-2014 season schedule includes the following games:
- Thursday, October 24 th – Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Rangers vs. Flyers (supports Philadelphia PowerPlay and Temple University athletics)
- Tuesday, October 29 th – Nassau Coliseum, Long Island, NY, Rangers vs. Islanders (supports Long Island Chapter of Autism Speaks)
- Wednesday, November 13 th – Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN, Leafs vs. Wild (supports Autism Society of Minnesota and Hendrickson's Foundation for Special Hockey)
- Monday, January 20 th – TD Garden, Boston, MA, Kings vs. Bruins (supports Courageous Sailing of Boston)
- Wednesday, February 5 th – Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY, CommVault only game (Charity to be announced)
- Thursday, March 20 th – Jobing.com Arena, Phoenix, AZ, Panthers vs. Coyotes (Charity to be announced)