CHARLOTTE, N.C., Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems has delivered its latest sonar dome rubber window produced at its facility in Jacksonville, Fla. to the U.S. Navy, bringing the total to more than 150 delivered. The company's Engineered Polymer Products (EPP) team has been the exclusive supplier of sonar domes for FFG-7, DDG-51 and CG-47 class ships to the U.S. Navy and allied navies for more than 40 years. A sonar dome is an acoustically transparent housing that surrounds the sonar transducer array, which together form the sonar's sensor system. EPP is part of the Aerostructures business of UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The first rubber sonar domes were shipped by C-5A military transport aircraft from EPP's original site in Akron, Ohio to Virginia. From there, they were barged to the different shipyards building the cruisers and destroyers for the U.S. Navy. EPP's present location in Jacksonville is better positioned to serve the Navy. The facility is less than a quarter mile from a quay wall where deep-draft ships can dock and the massive sonar domes can be loaded onto barges for delivery to the shipyards.
Designed and built to last, EPP's sonar domes are one of the ship's most durable components, with EPP sonar domes on U.S. Navy vessels that are more than 20 years old. EPP has delivered more than 150 sonar domes from its Jacksonville site.
In support of its customers, EPP also provides field services for the installation, inspection, and repair of its sonar domes. With its staff of experienced engineers and technicians, EPP's field service professionals are deployed around the world 365 days a year to ensure reliable quality performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV