Kid-friendly and parent approved, Disney Consumer Products (DCP booth #783) will showcase its newest selection of "better for you" produce, lunch items, and snacks at the Produce Marketing Association’s (PMA) Fresh Summit Convention & Expo on October 18 - 20 in New Orleans, La. Sales of Disney-branded fruits and vegetables have tripled over the last two years, and more than 3.1 billion servings of Disney-themed fruits and vegetables have been served in the U.S. since 2006. Grocery retailers have expanded distribution of Disney-branded produce, and licensees continue to introduce new products featuring beloved characters from Mickey Mouse and Disney Princess to Monsters University and Marvel Super Heroes.
“Disney’s growth in the produce arena is a great sign that kids and parents are receiving the message and incorporating more fruits and vegetables into their daily meals,” said John T. King, director of licensing, consumables, Disney Consumer Products. “We continue to innovate, delivering flavors that appeal to kids and offering an ever-expanding assortment of fruits and vegetables featuring the Disney characters kids know and love.”
Through innovative marketing campaigns and in-store experiences, families have been encouraged to choose more nutritious food options and live a more active lifestyle. For the first time, DCP’s PMA booth experience will feature artwork from Marvel and Star Wars, representing the entirety of The Walt Disney Company entertainment brands under one umbrella.
Disney produce to be featured at PMA Fresh Summit include:
- Marvel and Crunch Pak (Booth #403) team up for healthy snacking, with Marvel’s The Avengers and Spider-Man featured on custom designed packages of fresh sliced apples, shipping in spring 2014.
- Monsters University-branded Flavorz by Crunch Pak (Booth #403) are apples infused with blue raspberry flavor for a shockingly refreshing taste. Disney Foodles offer delicious combinations of fruits, vegetables and other sides like dips, raisins, crackers or cheese in a fun, Mickey-shaped tray or Disney Princess carriage tray. Both are available at select grocers nationwide.
- Disney-branded mangos by Freska (Booth #441) will launch beginning spring 2014. Four varieties of Mexican mangos including Tommy Atkins, Kents, Keitts and Ataulfos with packaging featuring a variety of Disney characters will be available at select grocers nationwide.
- Disney Berry Quick Fresh Blueberry Snacks by Naturipe (Booth #1647) are pre-portioned, single-serve packs perfect for on-the-go snacks and lunches or a wholesome addition to everyday favorites such as oatmeal, yogurt, parfaits, cereals, salads and desserts. Packs feature classic Disney characters including Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy.
- Disney-branded stone fruit and table grapes from SGS make healthy eating fun! The Disney peaches, plums and nectarines are yummy and nutritious, and Mickey Mouse- and-Donald Duck-themed clams of red and green grapes are an instant go-to snack.
- Disney-branded bagged apples and cherries by Chelan Fresh (Booth #4157) are enough for the entire family to share and come in colorful packaging with information to educate children on how to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Disney-branded grapes by Dayka & Hackett are a tasty anytime treat with fun packaging featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV