Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. Reports EPS Of $0.49 And Net Income Of $34.9 Million In The Third Quarter Of 2013 And Declares Dividends Of $0.15 Per Ordinary Share For October, November And December 2013
GEORGE TOWN, Grand Cayman, Oct. 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. ("HLSS" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:HLSS) today reported net income of $34.9 million, or $0.49 per ordinary share, for the third quarter of 2013. Additionally, the Company's Board of Directors today declared monthly dividends of $0.15 per ordinary share for October, November and December 2013.
"The asset purchase from Ocwen completed on July 1, 2013 fully deployed the proceeds from our June term loan and equity issuances and nearly doubled the unpaid principal balance of our portfolio," said President and CEO John Van Vlack. "The earnings from this accretive acquisition fueled growth in EPS despite the somewhat higher prepayment rate on assets recently boarded on Ocwen's platform which resulted in an overall annualized prepayment rate of 13.7% in the third quarter. Loss mitigation activities on new portfolios often result in higher initial prepayment speeds but ultimately will result in lower default related prepayments."
"Our capital structure continues to focus on committed fixed rate match funded term notes without exposure to repo or mark-to-market risk" said Chairman William Erbey. "The conservative way we finance our business complements our limited asset valuation exposure and highlights the attractiveness of HLSS' earnings and dividend yield."Third quarter business performance highlights:
- On July 1, 2013, used the proceeds from the second quarter issuance of ordinary shares and senior secured term note facility to purchase mortgage servicing assets related to non-agency mortgage loans with UPB of $83.3 billion from Ocwen;
- On August 8, completed the issuance of $200 million one-year and $200 million three-year term notes. Issuance of these notes allowed us to reduce the borrowings on all classes of our variable funding notes;
- On August 30, renewed our variable funding notes at improved terms;
- On September 18, completed the issuance of $350 million one-year term notes. Issuance of these notes allowed us to reduce borrowings on all classes of our variable funding notes;
- On September 26, placed a new money market note at a reduced interest rate and amended the related draw note to reduce the interest rate; and
- There was no change in servicing asset valuation during the quarter.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts