“Our strong EPS and cash flow performance this quarter primarily reflected robust pricing. Our share momentum, particularly in the EU, partially offset weaker industry volumes,” said André Calantzopoulos, Chief Executive Officer.
“While the evolution of the macro-economic environment and tax-paid cigarette industry volume remain a challenge, our business fundamentals are solid and we continue to anticipate a strong final quarter.
"Our confidence in these fundamentals was further reflected in our announcement during the quarter of an increase in our regular quarterly dividend of 10.6%. Since the spin-off, we have increased the dividend every year by an accumulated 104.3% to reach an annualized rate of $3.76 per common share.”
Conference CallA conference call, hosted by Jacek Olczak, Chief Financial Officer, with members of the investor community and news media, will be webcast at 9:00 a.m., Eastern Time, on October 17, 2013. Access is available at www.pmi.com/webcasts. Dividends and Share Repurchase Program During the quarter, PMI declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.94, representing an annualized rate of $3.76 per common share, and spent $1.5 billion to repurchase 16.7 million shares, as shown in the table below.
Current $18 Billion, Three-Year Program
|August - December 2012||$||2,853||32,206|
|January - March 2013||1,500||16,685|
|April - June 2013||1,545||16,665|
|July - September 2013||1,455||16,717|
|Total Under Program||$||7,353||82,273|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV