SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Having opened its doors on this date in San Jose, CA in 1983, Silicon Valley Bank, financial partner to technology and life science companies, their investors, and the wine industry, celebrates its 30th anniversary in 33 locations around the world today.
Conceived by Silicon Valley businessmen Bob Medearis and Bill Biggerstaff, the co-founders were looking for a way to serve the entrepreneurial technology community, which at the time lacked access to debt financing and banking services. Since its founding led by the company's first CEO Roger Smith, Silicon Valley Bank has grown to serve thousands of companies of all sizes and specialties and their investors through offices in five countries, and its wine division, one of the largest lenders to premium wineries in the West.
- 30 Years | 30 Causes – 30 Community Service events in each of SVB's locations globally. More than 1,400 volunteers are spending nearly 7,000 hours making a positive impact in their communities.
- 30 Pearls of Wisdom – The traditional 30 th anniversary gift is the pearl, so for the past 30 days, Silicon Valley Bankers have been releasing their best short-form advice to tech companies via the company's social media channels. Share the Pearls from LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook , Google+ or Instagram with #SVB30.
- 30 for 30 CEO Series – SVB CEO Greg Becker is hosting 30 CEOs at 30 events with guests including Al Gore, T. Boone Pickens, Rahm Emanuel, Craig Barrett, and many others.
- Level the Coding Field – In support of SVB's clients' critical need for workers with STEM skills, SVB teamed up with Level Playing Field Institute, AT&T and others to train Bay Area youth to develop apps at two hackathons this fall.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV