CPA Canada Encouraged By Throne Speech Fiscal Priorities
TORONTO, Oct. 16, 2013 /CNW/ - The Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) welcome the federal government's commitment to prudent fiscal management and a focus on growing the Canadian economy as outlined in today's Throne Speech.
The government states that creating jobs and securing economic growth remain its top priorities. It also used the Throne Speech to stress that sound management remains its guide.
"Establishing a sound fiscal base from which to work is essential if the government is to have the flexibility required to help Canada achieve a sustainable recovery," said Kevin Dancey, FCPA, FCA, president and CEO, CPA Canada.
The Throne speech reiterated the government's plans for a return to balanced budgets by 2015. "We cannot afford any slippage if Canada is to establish a fiscal framework that will set the stage for a stronger economy," explained Dancey.CPA Canada also applauded commitments to address matters such as international trade, easing the red tape burden on small and medium-sized businesses and greater tax relief once the budget is balanced. About CPA Canada CPA Canada is the national organization established to support unification of the Canadian accounting profession under the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation. It was created by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) and The Society of Management Accountants of Canada (CMA Canada) to provide services to all CPA, CA, CMA and CGA accounting bodies that have unified or are committed to unification. As part of the unification effort, CPA Canada and the Certified General Accountants Association of Canada (CGA-Canada) are working toward integrating their operations. Unification will enhance the influence, relevance and contribution of the Canadian accounting profession both at home and internationally. SOURCE CPA Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV