Grew third quarter revenue by 56.1% to $26.3 million with 20 new restaurants and strong comparable restaurant sales growth of 3.7% Company on track to open ten restaurants in 2013 with five openings scheduled by year end
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Oct. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diversified Restaurant Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:BAGR) ("DRH" or the "Company"), the creator, developer, and operator of the unique, full-service, ultra-casual restaurant and bar Bagger Dave's Freshly-Crafted Burger Tavern ® ("Bagger Dave's") and one of the largest franchisees for Buffalo Wild Wings ® ("BWW"), announced preliminary unaudited sales results for the third quarter ended September 29, 2013.
The Company continued to execute its expansion strategy during the traditionally slow summer months resulting in revenue growth of 56.1% to $26.3 million in the 2013 third quarter from $16.8 million in the prior-year period. The Company opened two locations during the recent third quarter, and at the end of the period had 50 restaurants operating, comprised of 15 Bagger Dave's and 35 BWW of which eight BWW were acquired in September 2012. This was an increase of 66.7% from 30 restaurants at the end of the prior-year third quarter. Year-to-date revenue of $80.3 million increased 56.5% from $51.3 million during the nine-month period of 2012.On a consolidated basis, comparable restaurant sales were up approximately 3.7% for the third quarter of 2013, and benefited from increased traffic and pricing. There were 36 comparable restaurants for the period, which included 30 BWW and six Bagger Dave's. Comparable restaurant sales were up approximately 4.6% for the 2013 nine-month period. Preliminary results remain subject to the completion of normal quarter-end accounting procedures and are subject to change. The Company expects to release financial and operating results for its third quarter after markets close on Wednesday, November 13, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV