- Net sales increased 7% to $264 million, compared to $247 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- Company-controlled comparable sales declined 1% year-over-year.
- Operating income was $30.7 million, compared with $40.2 million in the third quarter of 2012. As a percentage of net sales, operating income was 11.6% compared to 16.3% in the third quarter of 2012.
- Earnings per diluted share were $0.36, compared to $0.46 in the third quarter of 2012.
- In the quarter, the company opened 16 stores and closed six, ending the quarter with 423 stores.
Select Comfort Announces Third-quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.