ADVISORY, Oct. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The prospect of a potential deal to bring an end of the fiscal drama in Washington gave investors a level of certainty. The corporate calendar has taken a backburner to political concerns, but the early earnings reports showed more softness in mortgage banking. A rally this past Thursday helped US stocks post one of the best one day performances year-to-date.
|TOP INDEX MOVERS|
|LAST 5 TRADING DAYS ( + / - )|
|TOP 5 EQUITY INDEXES:||10/9 – 10/15|
|NASDAQ-100 INDEX (NDX)||+2.88%|
|NASDAQ EM EUROPE INDEX (NQEMEUR)||+2.85%|
|NASDAQ US BENCHMARK INDEX (NQUSB)||+2.59%|
|NASDAQ ASPA INDEX (NQASPA)||+2.46%|
|NASDAQ EMERGING MARKETS INDEX (NQEM)||+2.29%|
|TOP 5 COMMODITY INDEXES:||10/9 – 10/15|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY GOLD INDEX ER (NQCIGCER)||-3.92%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY PRECIOUS METALS INDEX ER (NQCIPMER)||-3.70%|
|PHLX OIL SERVICE SECTOR INDEX (OSX)||+2.55%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY LEAN HOGS INDEX ER (NQCILHER)||-2.10%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY CRUDE OIL INDEX ER (NQCICLER)||-1.84%|
"Riskier assets appear to be more attractive with a deal on the immediate horizon," said David Gedeon, Managing Director, NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes, "We have seen sizable swings over the past few days, and into these possible final hours, but it seems we'll be able to meet our debt obligations and reopen the government."INDEX MOVES THIS WEEK
- The potential deal in DC forced traders to reduce their positions and curbed any opportunity to use Gold as a flight to safety. The NASDAQ Commodity Gold Index ER (NQCIGCER) dropped by 3.9% in the past five trading days.
- The NASDAQ-100 Index (NDX) has surged (+2.9%), ahead of the expected deal in Washington, climbing to a 13 year high.
- Optimistic news out of Brazil appeared to fuel emerging markets. The NASDAQ Emerging Markets Index (NQEM) advanced by 2.3%.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACTS: Nick Lawler Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5613 email@example.com Nora Sabry Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5468 firstname.lastname@example.org Wayne Lee NASDAQ OMX (301) 978-4875 Wayne.email@example.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts