ADVISORY, Oct. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The prospect of a potential deal to bring an end of the fiscal drama in Washington gave investors a level of certainty. The corporate calendar has taken a backburner to political concerns, but the early earnings reports showed more softness in mortgage banking. A rally this past Thursday helped US stocks post one of the best one day performances year-to-date.
|TOP INDEX MOVERS|
|LAST 5 TRADING DAYS ( + / - )|
|TOP 5 EQUITY INDEXES:||10/9 – 10/15|
|NASDAQ-100 INDEX (NDX)||+2.88%|
|NASDAQ EM EUROPE INDEX (NQEMEUR)||+2.85%|
|NASDAQ US BENCHMARK INDEX (NQUSB)||+2.59%|
|NASDAQ ASPA INDEX (NQASPA)||+2.46%|
|NASDAQ EMERGING MARKETS INDEX (NQEM)||+2.29%|
|TOP 5 COMMODITY INDEXES:||10/9 – 10/15|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY GOLD INDEX ER (NQCIGCER)||-3.92%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY PRECIOUS METALS INDEX ER (NQCIPMER)||-3.70%|
|PHLX OIL SERVICE SECTOR INDEX (OSX)||+2.55%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY LEAN HOGS INDEX ER (NQCILHER)||-2.10%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY CRUDE OIL INDEX ER (NQCICLER)||-1.84%|
"Riskier assets appear to be more attractive with a deal on the immediate horizon," said David Gedeon, Managing Director, NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes, "We have seen sizable swings over the past few days, and into these possible final hours, but it seems we'll be able to meet our debt obligations and reopen the government."INDEX MOVES THIS WEEK
- The potential deal in DC forced traders to reduce their positions and curbed any opportunity to use Gold as a flight to safety. The NASDAQ Commodity Gold Index ER (NQCIGCER) dropped by 3.9% in the past five trading days.
- The NASDAQ-100 Index (NDX) has surged (+2.9%), ahead of the expected deal in Washington, climbing to a 13 year high.
- Optimistic news out of Brazil appeared to fuel emerging markets. The NASDAQ Emerging Markets Index (NQEM) advanced by 2.3%.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACTS: Nick Lawler Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5613 firstname.lastname@example.org Nora Sabry Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5468 email@example.com Wayne Lee NASDAQ OMX (301) 978-4875 Wayne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV