On 10/18/13, Gladstone Investment Corp's 7.125% Series A Cumulative Term Preferred Stock (GAINP) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.1484, payable on 10/31/13. As a percentage of GAINP's recent share price of $26.49, this dividend works out to approximately 0.56%, so look for shares of GAINP to trade 0.56% lower — all else being equal — when GAINP shares open for trading on 10/18/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.72%, which compares to an average yield of 6.07% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, GAINP was trading at a 5.96% premium to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of GAINP shares, versus GAIN:
Below is a dividend history chart for GAINP, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.1484 on Gladstone Investment Corp's 7.125% Series A Cumulative Term Preferred Stock :
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Gladstone Investment Corp (GAIN) makes up 1.15% of the BDC Income ETF (BIZD) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV