Yahoo! shares were trading 1% lower to $33.05 as of 12:15 p.m. EST, as investors continued to digest third-quarter earnings released a day earlier.
Yahoo! reported third-quarter revenue had decreased 1% to $1.08 billion from $1.09 billion a year earlier.
"I'm very pleased with our execution, especially as we've continued to invest in and strengthen our core business," said Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer in a statement.
Net income for the period was $297 million, or 28 cents a share, compared to $3.16 billion, or $2.64 a share, in the year-ago quarter. Net income was significantly higher in the third quarter of 2012 due to a one-time partial sale of its Alibaba Group stake.TheStreet Ratings team rates Yahoo! Inc as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate Yahoo! Inc (YHOO) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YHOO Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV