Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ALXN) today announced that researchers are scheduled to present data from clinical studies of Soliris ® (eculizumab) in patients with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), a genetic, life-long, ultra-rare disease associated with vital organ failure and premature death. Data will be presented at the annual meeting of the American Society of Nephrology (ASN), being held from November 5 –10, 2013 in Atlanta, Georgia. Presentations will include:
- Results from a prospective clinical trial of Soliris in pediatric patients with aHUS, following the published results of a retrospective study in pediatric patients with aHUS
- Results from an expanded adult population, representing the largest prospective trial of Soliris in adult patients with aHUS
- Three-year follow-up data from two pivotal Phase 2 extension studies that highlight the long-term benefits of Soliris therapy in patients with aHUS
Abstracts summarizing these presentations were published today on the ASN website and can be accessed using the links below.
Soliris is approved in the United States, European Union, Japan and other countries as a treatment for patients with aHUS. Soliris is also approved in nearly 50 countries as a treatment for patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), a debilitating, ultra-rare and life-threatening blood disorder characterized by complement-mediated hemolysis (destruction of red blood cells). Both aHUS and PNH are life-threatening, ultra-rare diseases that are caused by chronic uncontrolled complement activation.
Soliris and aHUSThe following abstract will be presented in an oral session on Friday, November 8, 2013 from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST): Abstract [FR-OR057]: “Eculizumab Inhibits Thrombotic Microangiopathy (TMA) and Improves Renal Function in Adult Atypical Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (aHUS) Patients,” Fakhouri et al. Accessible at: http://www.abstracts2view.com/asn_2013/view.php?nu=5593&terms=&type=abstract The following abstracts will be presented in a poster session on Saturday, November 9, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST):
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts