Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 10/18/13, Colgate-Palmolive Co. (CL) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.34, payable on 11/15/13. As a percentage of CL's recent stock price of $61.52, this dividend works out to approximately 0.55%, so look for shares of Colgate-Palmolive Co. to trade 0.55% lower — all else being equal — when CL shares open for trading on 10/18/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for CL, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.34 declared by Colgate-Palmolive Co.:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from CL is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 2.21% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of CL shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, CL's low point in its 52 week range is $51.41 per share, with $62.70 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $61.53.
Three Months Free, a $100 Value, Just Submit Your Top Stock Pick! (Offer ends 11/10/2013)
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, CL makes up 3.63% of the Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR Fund ETF (XLP) which is trading higher by about 0.8% on the day Wednesday. In Wednesday trading, Colgate-Palmolive Co. shares are currently up about 0.5% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV