COLUMBUS, Ind., Oct. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries (TSX: DII.B, DII.A), and the world's largest juvenile products manufacturer, today unveiled its latest in child safety and innovation at the ABC Kids Expo ( October 15-18, 2013) in Las Vegas, NV. Dorel Juvenile was recognized by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) as a finalist in the 2013 JPMA Innovation Awards with its Safety 1 st Custom Care Modular Bathing Solution.
Internationally recognized, the JPMA Innovation Awards highlight the most exciting and innovative new products in the juvenile marketplace today. Entries are evaluated by a selection committee of trade media representatives and industry retail buyers, and judged on their innovation, marketability, trend-setting potential, appeal and usefulness.
"We are honored that the JPMA has recognized Safety 1 st as an industry leader," said Paul Powers, President and CEO of Dorel Juvenile USA. "Every year our innovative new products showcase Dorel's commitment to making parents lives easier, and the Safety 1 st Custom Care Modular Bathing Solution is just one example."
The Safety 1 st Custom Care Modular Bathing Solution is a first of its kind. With a 3 in 1 bathing solution, its ergonomic design adapts to your growing baby and eliminates the need for multiple tubs. Three easy to change positions promote physical closeness and proper support to ensure a pleasant bathing experience that is tailored to your child's physical and developmental stage. Positions fit the newborn, infant recline and toddler stages.In addition, Dorel Juvenile introduced at the show new innovative products across all brand categories. Highlights include:
- Safety 1 st Advance SE 70 Air+ Convertible Car Seat: The Safety 1 st Advance SE 70 Air+ Convertible Car Seat combines the advanced protection of our Air Protect® cushion system with patented GCell HX™ hexagonal shaped foam for superior protection around the torso. Together they provide full body side impact protection. The seat can be used rear facing for children five-40 lbs. and forward facing for children 22 to 70 lbs., the Safety 1st Advance SE 70 Air + also includes a 10-position headrest, LATCH installation system for faster and easier installation when moving between vehicles, and an integrated cup holder.
- Safety 1 st Elite 80 Air+ 3-in-1 Car Seat: The Safety 1 st Elite 80 Air+ 3-in-1 Car Seat combines the advanced protection of our Air Protect® cushion system with patented GCell HX™ hexagonal shaped foam for superior protection around the torso. Together they provide full body side impact protection. The seat can be used rear facing 5-40lbs, forward facing 22-80lbs, or as a belt positioning booster from 40-100lbs. It also features a QuickFit Harness Adjustment System, easy-to-identify color coded belt paths and installation labels, one-click LATCH and two integrated cup holders.
- Safety 1 st Store 'n Go Backless Booster: A belt positioning booster, The Safety 1 st Store 'n Go Backless Booster, allows your child to safely access on-the-go activities without unbuckling. A large storage drawer, side pocket with integrated cup holder, and easy-to-clean pad, ensure the car remains clean and organized while providing child with their own special space. The booster fits children 40-100lbs and 43"-57".
- Safety 1 st Incognito Kid-Positioning Seat: Designed with older kids in the mind, the Safety 1 st Incognito Kid-Positioning Seat ensures proper positioning of the seat belt without the look of a belt positioning booster. Great for kids whose friends are out of booster seats, the seat fits children from 60-120lbs and up to 57".
- Bebe Confort Easy Clip Bottle: Bebe Confort meets parents' needs with its patented Easy Clip™ system. Its innovative design allows parents to prepare the bottle in a flash, without risking poor assembly. The ring clips into place with one easy movement thanks to the arched lever. No more leaks and fussing at feeding time. The Bebe Confort Teat imitates the natural contours of a mother's breast which makes it ideal for baby.
- Maxi-Cosi RodiFix with the Isofix Latch System: The Maxi-Cosi RodiFix features advanced AirProtect® Side Impact Technology with a patented Air Protect cushion system that protects around your child's head, where it's needed most. The IsoFix Rigid LATCH system makes installing the RodiFix and moving the seat between multiple vehicles easier than ever with solid extensions that click right into the car and keep the seat secured. Fits children forward facing from 30-120 lbs. and up to 57".