Trade-Ideas: Verisk Analytics (VRSK) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- VRSK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.2 million.
- VRSK has traded 609,357 shares today.
- VRSK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VRSK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VRSK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VRSK: Verisk Analytics, Inc. provides proprietary data, analytics methods, and embedded decision support solutions for detecting fraud in property and casualty (P&C) insurance, financial, and healthcare industries primarily in the United States. VRSK has a PE ratio of 32.6. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Verisk Analytics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Verisk Analytics has been 607,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Verisk Analytics has a market cap of $11.0 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.33 and a short float of 0.6% with 1.20 days to cover. Shares are up 28.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Verisk Analytics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VRSK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 40.36% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, VRSK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- VERISK ANALYTICS INC has improved earnings per share by 13.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VERISK ANALYTICS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.92 versus $1.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.30 versus $1.92).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 2645.17% to $55.43 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VERISK ANALYTICS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 44.58%.
- The gross profit margin for VERISK ANALYTICS INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.54%. Regardless of VRSK's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, VRSK's net profit margin of 19.98% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Verisk Analytics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts