CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and DUSSELDORF, Germany, Oct. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- K 2013, MESSE DuSSELDORF -- Metabolix (NASDAQ: MBLX), an innovation-driven performance biomaterials company focused on developing sustainable solutions to the plastics, chemicals and energy industries, will showcase a variety of compostable resin and biobased performance additive products at the K 2013 International Trade Fair. Show attendees may visit Metabolix between October 16 and 23 at Messe Dusseldorf Hall 08B, Stand D38.
"The customer response has been very positive to our recently launched film product for compostable bags, Mvera B5010," said Bob Engle, vice president, biopolymers, at Metabolix. "Using Mvera B5010, our customers are able to easily produce superior quality compostable shopping and food waste collection bags. Additionally, the interest in our new biobased performance additives: I6003rp, for PVC recycle and in I6001 for toughening and improved permanence in flexible PVC has been very encouraging with steady demand for samples from potential customers. These new products underscore our commitment to continue to make advances in biopolymers and open new market opportunities for our customers. We are looking forward to demonstrating the broad applicability of our products to customers and prospects at K 2013."
Metabolix provides plastics manufacturers with unique, advanced biomaterials that are designed to help them meet their objectives for performance and sustainability. Information on the Company's products will be available at the show or at http://www.metabolix.com/K2013.
- Mvera™ B5010: This new film grade resin from Metabolix is designed for the compostable bag and film markets across the globe. It meets international industrial standards for compostability and has been certified by Vincotte to meet the EN13432 standard. Mvera B5010 resin also allows significant down gauging and features excellent melt strength, allowing it to easily be processed on conventional blown film extrusion equipment. The resulting film has exceptional seal strength and good printability, making it an ideal option for compostable shopping bags and food waste compost bags.
- I6003rp: This new biobased polymeric performance additive from Metabolix is designed for recycled PVC (polyvinylchloride). I6003rp features excellent miscibility in PVC, allowing PVC converters to blend it easily with recycled PVC in order to lower torque and increase recycling rates without compromising the toughness and tear resistance of the resulting product. Dr. Yelena Kann, product development scientist at Metabolix, will present data on the additive at SPE Vinyltec 2013, which will be held October 21 to 23 in Iselin, New Jersey.
- I6001: This is a biobased polymeric modifier for PVC formulations that is based on Metabolix's PHA resin. Metabolix designed I6001 as a performance additive to improve the mechanical and environmental performance characteristics of flexible and semi-rigid PVC, while lowering plasticizer use and migration and improving permanence.
- Additional products: Metabolix has developed a range of biobased and biodegradable products based on PHA (polyhydroxyalkanoates) for applications requiring biodegradable polymers as well as masterbatches and bio-composite resin products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV