- Mvera™ B5010: This new film grade resin from Metabolix is designed for the compostable bag and film markets across the globe. It meets international industrial standards for compostability and has been certified by Vincotte to meet the EN13432 standard. Mvera B5010 resin also allows significant down gauging and features excellent melt strength, allowing it to easily be processed on conventional blown film extrusion equipment. The resulting film has exceptional seal strength and good printability, making it an ideal option for compostable shopping bags and food waste compost bags.
- I6003rp: This new biobased polymeric performance additive from Metabolix is designed for recycled PVC (polyvinylchloride). I6003rp features excellent miscibility in PVC, allowing PVC converters to blend it easily with recycled PVC in order to lower torque and increase recycling rates without compromising the toughness and tear resistance of the resulting product. Dr. Yelena Kann, product development scientist at Metabolix, will present data on the additive at SPE Vinyltec 2013, which will be held October 21 to 23 in Iselin, New Jersey.
- I6001: This is a biobased polymeric modifier for PVC formulations that is based on Metabolix's PHA resin. Metabolix designed I6001 as a performance additive to improve the mechanical and environmental performance characteristics of flexible and semi-rigid PVC, while lowering plasticizer use and migration and improving permanence.
- Additional products: Metabolix has developed a range of biobased and biodegradable products based on PHA (polyhydroxyalkanoates) for applications requiring biodegradable polymers as well as masterbatches and bio-composite resin products.
Metabolix To Showcase Compostable Resins And Biobased Performance Additives At K 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts