Monster.com, the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities and flagship brand of Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:MWW), today released its mid-year Workforce Talent Survey focusing on job seeker confidence in finding a new job. The results indicate that current job seekers have an overall positive outlook with over half (53%) of those surveyed feeling confident that they could secure a new job within the next 10-12 months, while only 15% are not confident at all.
Further, the change in sentiments of Monster job seekers over the past six months is striking:
1. 34% of job seekers said they were not finding jobs for which they were qualified, improving from 47%
2. More job seekers (43%) believe there are more job openings now than a year ago, up from 38%3. Nearly half (49%) of job seekers are struggling to find a job that matches what they want (e.g., salary, location, etc.), improving from 56% 4. Fewer job seekers (67%) agree that it is more challenging to find a job, improving from 77% 5. 47% are discouraged from the lack of contact from employers, improving from 57% 6. 51% feel their skills and abilities are understood by employers; down slightly from 53% This positive employment outlook is supported by the fact that employed job seekers are motivated to seek jobs that may require them to relocate. Nearly three quarters (72%) of respondents would be willing to relocate for the right position. “This trend in optimism among job seekers may be indicative of an improving economy,” said Jeffrey Quinn, Vice President of Monster’s Global Insights. “These findings are consistent with the Bureau of Labor Statistics published this summer. In the Bureau’s reports, we saw unemployment decrease steadily in June, July and August. As demand for employees increases so will job seeker confidence.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts